On Wednesday, July 22nd, the House of Representatives will vote on the National Origin-Based Antidiscrimination for Nonimmigrants Act (NO BAN Act), which would end the harmful refugee, Muslim, African, and asylum bans put in place by this administration. This bill would also establish vital protections against future discriminatory bans. Your Representative needs to hear from you today – and tell them to vote YES on the NO BAN Act.
CONTACT YOUR REPRESENTATIVE TODAY:
Click “Send Email” on the right to be connected to your Representative – and make sure to insert the name of your city or town in the first line!
Sample Email: “I’m your constituent from [CITY/TOWN], and as a person of faith: I urge you to stand against hate and vote for the NO BAN Act. This bill would ensure that no one is banned from our country based on religious or nationality-based discrimination. In the last three+ years, the administration has repeatedly tried to ban refugees, asylum seekers, and Muslim and African neighbors from the United States. My community is still feeling the negative impacts of these immoral and wrongful bans that continue to tear apart families. No one should be blocked from entering the country just because of their faith tradition or where they come from. My community welcomes refugees, asylum seekers, and immigrants, and I urge you to do the same.”
- .@[Member of Congress’ twitter handle] as your constituent, I’m urging you to vote YES on #NOBANAct and restore the American value of equal treatment for all people. #RefugeesWelcome #RepealTheBan
- Did you know that Trump’s Muslim & African Ban is still separating millions of American families? Congress can end this cruelty by passing the #NOBANAct. #RepealTheBan
- Why pass the #NOBANAct?
✅ Reunite millions of American families
✅ Allow more doctors to fight #COVID19
✅ Reject Trump’s anti-immigrant agenda
Tell Congress to vote YES!
- Muslim Advocates Talking Points and Resources
- No Muslim Ban Ever Digital Toolkit
- Muslim Advocates Sample Social and Graphics
Thank you for taking action, and please share this alert with your networks!