The House of Representatives will vote on the National Origin-Based Antidiscrimination for Nonimmigrants Act (NO BAN Act) TOMORROW, Thursday, March 12th. The NO BAN Act would end the harmful refugee, Muslim, and asylum bans put in place by this administration, including the most recent expansion of the Muslim/African ban issued on January 31, 2020, and establish vital protections against future discriminatory bans. Your Representative needs to hear from you today – and tell them to vote YES on the NO BAN Act.
CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVE TODAY:
Click “Call Me” on the right to be connected to your Representative
Sample Script: “I’m your constituent from [CITY/TOWN], and [as a person of faith]: I urge you to stand against hate and vote for the NO BAN Act, which will be considered as part of H.R.2486. This bill would ensure that no one is banned from our country based on religious or nationality-based discrimination. In the last three years, the administration has repeatedly tried to ban refugees, asylum seekers, and Muslim neighbors from the United States. My community is still feeling the negative impacts of these immoral and wrongful bans that continue to tear apart families. No one should be blocked from entering the country just because of their faith tradition or where they come from. My community welcomes refugees, asylum seekers, and immigrants, and I urge you to do the same.”
- .@[Member of Congress’ twitter handle] as your constituent, I’m asking you to sign the #NoBanAct and restore the American value of equal treatment for all people, regardless of their faith. #NoMuslimBan #NoRefugeeBans
- There’s no evidence that the #MuslimBan makes us safer. What we know it does: Separates American families, Hurts our economy, and Fuels anti-Muslim violence
- America was founded on the principles of religious liberty and equal treatment under the law. The expanded #MuslimBan and #AfricanBan is an insult to those beliefs. We must band together to stop this!
- Talking points on the Muslim ban and African ban.
- Recent stories of people impacted by the expanded Muslim and African ban.
- Faith letter from over 300 leaders and organizations supporting NO BAN Act.
Thank you for taking action, and please share this alert with your networks!