President Trump has announced an end to the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, turning our nation’s back on undocumented immigrant youth who are valued members of our communities. The consequences of repealing DACA are immediate, devastating, and profound. No new DACA applications filed after today will be considered, and current DACA recipients will see their protection revoked starting in six months. DACA has protected nearly 800,000 immigrant youth from deportation and allowed them to work, attend school, and raise a family. DACA’s termination puts these lives at risk, threatens the sanctity of family unity, and jeopardizes our communities and economy. We need to make our voices heard today and call on our elected leaders to do everything in their power to support a clean passage of The Dream Act of 2017 and protect immigrant youth!
CALL CONGRESS TODAY!
*Please call your 1 Representative and then your 2 Senators
Sample Script to Representative/Senators: “I’m your constituent from [City, State]. I support the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, and strongly oppose President’s Trump’s announcement to end it. DACA has provided nearly 800,000 immigrant youth the opportunity to work, raise a family, and pursue their dreams. I urge you to support a clean passage of the Dream Act of 2017 (S.1615/H.R.3440) and do everything in your power to protect immigrant youth.”
- Faith communities call on [SENATOR/REPRESENTATIVE] to pass #DreamAct! Immigrant youth are #HereToStay #Faith4DACA
- Over 5 yrs DACA has provided work permits to undocumented youth +invigorated our communities #HereToStay #DreamAct #Faith4DACA
- My faith community stands with DACAmented immigrant neighbors & call on [SENATOR/REPRESENTATIVE] to pass #DreamAct #HereToStay #Faith4DACA
- Faith communities urge [SENATOR/REPRESENTATIVE] to pass #DreamAct & protect 800,000 immigrant youth #HereToStay #Faith4DACA
- Ave hourly wages rose by 69% after DACA=more tax revenue for cities, states, & U.S. https://www.americanprogress.org/?p=437956 #HereToStay #Faith4DACA #DreamAct
- 16% of DACA recipients bought houses, 5% started businesses https://www.americanprogress.org/?p=437956 #HereToStay #Faith4DACA #DreamAct
- At least 72% of the top 25 Fortune 500 companies employ DACA beneficiaries https://www.americanprogress.org/?p=437956 #HereToStay #Faith4DACA #DreamAct
Please spread the word and send this alert to your networks!